Even if you regularly care for your carpet with cleaning and maintenance, there will eventually reach a time when it needs to be replaced. When that day comes, our team at Act 1 Flooring is here to help. We provide high-quality carpeting, carpet removal, and carpet installation, helping you revamp your home and replace aging floor covering with ease.
When to replace carpetIf you take care of your carpet with routine vacuuming and professional cleaning, it can last for many years or even decades. Eventually, though, carpet will need to be replaced. How often this should occur depends on the wear and tear the carpet experiences and how well you care for it over time. Some signs you may be due for replacement include:
- Carpet stains: If you have stains in your carpet that don’t come out even with professional cleaning, you may be due for a replacement. Most stains can be removed with thorough, professional cleaning, but sometimes they cause permanent damage. In those cases, a new carpet is the only way to get rid of the staining.
- Significant wear: If you can visibly see the wear on your home carpeting, it may be time to replace it. Highly trafficked areas and kids’ bedrooms or playrooms are often the first to show signs of wear underfoot. Tears, discoloration, and pulls are all signs you may want to go with new carpeting.
- Increased allergies: If you or someone in your family notices increased allergy symptoms, your carpet could be the culprit. Old carpeting can retain dust and other allergens that are extremely difficult to remove. Removing and replacing the carpeting may be your best bet for cutting down on those allergens in your home.
- Carpet odors: After a cleaning, your carpet should not smell; if it does, it’s time for a replacement. Pet odors, spills, dust, and other wear can penetrate deeply into the rug over time, making it difficult or impossible to remove. Carpet odors can also be indications of mold or mildew, in which case you should have it removed as soon as possible to protect your health.
- Deteriorated carpet padding: The carpet padding is key to supporting your carpeting and keeping it comfortable under your feet. If you notice the padding is uneven or makes noise when you walk, you may be due for replacement.